Founder and CEO
After a distinguished 23-year career with Kawasaki Motors Corp., U.S.A., (KMC), Jan Plessner launched her motorcycle and powersports recruiting career in 2012. During her extended tenure with KMC, Jan served as the Public Relations Manager for over eight years.
“I had a great run with Kawasaki, and now owning a recruiting firm helps me support my industry colleagues, a deep roster of business owners and a variety of corporations. This industry and my passion for riding has fueled my life since 1990 and I am just as excited about growing our team over the coming months.
“For me, it was a natural progression to break out of powersports and join a network of recruiters. Our franchise group eats, sleeps and dreams about best practices and recruiting. My relationship with this performance group and other recruiting firm owners is a place to share ideas and learn from some of the best in recruiting.”
Jan holds a degree in Communications/Public Relations from California State University, Fullerton as well as a certificate in Leadership from Chapman University.
Select Career Achievements
- Successfully launched ACTION Recruiting, a SearchPath company, in Feb. 2016. Now providing talent search support to more than 150 clients from coast to coast.
- Top level producing recruiter, increased placements 75% over 3 years. (Prior to launching ACTION Recruiting).
- Successfully launched 12 new models, 2009 – 2011, significantly growing Kawasaki U.S. Japanese brand motorcycle market share from 4th to 1st during down economy.
- Created and led brand boosting “U.S. Media Tour of Kawasaki in Japan” securing media coverage in 23 outlets, reaching 1.3 million “core” powersports consumers with an estimated advertising value of $1.7 million.
Honors and Awards
- “Industry Leader of the Year” – Personal Watercraft Business magazine
- “Image Award” – Women’s International Motorcycle Association
- “PR Person of the Year” – Motorcycle-usa.com
- “Women Who Roll” recognition – Dealernews.com